1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Users of the Service may be Clients (anyone utilizing the Translance.net platform to request services to be performed by a Freelancer) or Freelancers (any company, individual user, or groups of associated individual users or companies utilizing the Translance.net platform to offer services to Clients). Freelancers may also operate as an Agency (a legally recognized entity with the ability to hire and/or contract) with other Freelancers.
Information You Provide to Us
• Personal Information: In the course of using the Service (whether as a Client or Freelancer), we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
• Payment Information: If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and billing address.
• Identity Verification: We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth or taxpayer identification number, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as to complete tax filings. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
User Profiles You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Service and outside the Service, skills, tests taken, test scores, feedback/rating information and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your Profile may be visible to all translance.net Users and the general public subject to the privacy choices you make within your Profile. Clients and Agencies of associated individual users or companies may also have the opportunity to create an organization Profile. If, in any case, you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us.
3. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may share aggregated Non-Identifying Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information to third parties. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes. We may also share the information in the following circumstances:
• Information about Freelancers Shared with Clients and Agencies: We share information regarding Freelancers working on a Client project, including information in Work Diaries and work history, with Clients. Note that if a Freelancer is suspended from the Translance.net Service, we may share that information with Clients for whom that Freelancer has worked or applied for work. We may also share information with Agencies to whom Freelancers are associated for a particular work project. If you choose to apply for work as a Freelancer via the Service, we will share information relevant to your application with the applicable Client(s), including, but not limited to, the information contained in your Freelancer Profile.
• Information about Clients and Agencies Shared with Freelancers: If you have entered into a service contract with another user, we may provide him/her with your name, company address, billing address, or tax ID or VAT number in order to complete the transaction or to facilitate the resolution of a claim or dispute. The user receiving your information is not allowed to use it for purposes unrelated to the transaction, such as to contact you for marketing purposes, unless you have expressly consented to it.
• Legal and Investigative Purposes: Translance.net will share information with government agencies as required by law, including without limitation, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation, to protect the property and rights of Translance.net or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify our Users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties at our discretion.